Burj Khalifa—an architectural Marvel standing 828 metres tall, is World’s Highest in many categories. It has the world’s tallest service elevator, the highest number of stories, highest occupied floor, highest outdoor observation deck, highest mosque, highest library and highest lounge.
Often called as “the vertical city”, it took 6 years to complete the whole structure which has the Dubai Mall (the world’s 3rd largest mall) at its base. It houses 1.85 million square feet of residential apartments, 300,000 square feet of office space, in addition to World’s first Armani Hotel, Armani residences, Michelin star restaurants, Lounges, health and wellness facilities and four pools. Emmar's Chariman, Mr. Mohamed Alabbar calls it the Arab world's tribute to the art and science of modern engineering. The inspiration for the design of Burj Khalifa was taken from the structure of spider Lily which is the regional desert flower.
Visitors of Burj Khalifa observation decks would need to check in at the reception desk at the ground floor of Dubai Mall.
• The floors 1-8 are occupied by the Armani Hotel. It is the World’s first Hotel, designed entirely by Giorgio Armani, himself.
• Levels 9-16 have the Armani Residences. all these 144 apartments are harmonious and luxurious spaces with an elegant design.
• Levels 19 - 108 have the 900 residences of The Residence by Emaar.
Places of Interest
OBSERVATION DECK 1 - AT THE TOP, SKY
• Located at 148th floor. 555 metres high, is the world’s highest observatory deck with motion senses, giving interactive experience.
• The visitors get a personalized guided tour by a Guest administrator and later savour some refreshments at the SKY Lounge.
• The entry is succeeded with journey to levels 125 and 124 as well.
OBSERVATION DECK 2 - AT THE TOP
• The Observatory deck includes entry to two floors - 124 and 125.
• At level 125, there are high power telescopes with view changing capabilities. That can even transport one back in time when Dubai was just a desert. It is at the same height as the top of Petronas Towers. Visitors get a 360 degree views and virtual reality area where you can see Dubai with a falcon's eye view
• At Level 124, located at 456 meters, visitors can enjoy an outdoor public observation desk. At The Top Observatory also has counters where you can buy interesting souvenirs and savories.
• Don’t miss the spectacular Fountain show view from the observatory deck.
WORLD’s TALLEST ART GALLERY on the fifth floor
At.MOSPHERE—the world's highest lounge bar, situated on 122nd floor of Burj Khalifa
• BURJ KHALIFA has recorded highest base jump,
• The outer façade of Burj Khalifa has had Tom Cruise performing a hair raising stunt in the movie Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol.
• In 2014, during Dubai Shopping festival, Burj Khalifa hosted vertical fashion show on it's external facade.
• Every year 1 million people from across the world attend New Year eve Gala hosted by Burj Khalifa, with light and Fireworks shows
• The tip of the spire of Burj Khalifa can be seen from up to 95 km away.
• The lobby of The Residence is decorated by an artistic piece called “World Voices” by Artist Jaume Plensahas. The artistic piece creates a chorus of distinct tones that represent the voices of people of 196 nationalities that collaborated in building the iconic structure.
To learn more about Dubai, Click here