LOCATION - Namgang-ro, Jinju-si (Gyeongsangnam-do)
Event period: first two weeks of October.
- Jinju City, Jinju Culture & Art Foundation
The highlights of the festival are the floating of lanterns carrying wishes of the people
along the Namgang River and the parade of lanterns created by the students.
In addition, the festival features - - Gaejesik
(lighting of lanterns in remembrance of the Jinjuseong Fortress Battle veterans),
- an exhibition of the world’s traditional lanterns,
- Lighting ceremony,
- floating lanterns on the river,
- Korean lantern exhibition,
- World traditional lantern exhibition,
- traditionally crafted lantern exhibition,
- hanging wish-lantern,
- Lantern Exhibition etc.HOW TO REACH?
Gimahe International Airport → Jinju City by bus (approx. 4 hours)