This basic course on Effective Business communication will focus on aspects of communication cycle, types, and styles. It will also focus on Grammar and Pronunciation, along with Listening skills.
However, mentioned below are some tasks that need to be done for the next 30-days, as this is a self-help course. In order to become fluent in a language, we need to constantly practice.
- Try to speak in English as much as possible.
- Wren & Martin English Grammar Book to be used.
- Reading the English Newspaper (Editorial Column) for 30 minutes, in front of the mirror out loud. Record yourself and compare your style with a newspaper reader. If possible, try to use their style in the initial days.
- Watching English News (like BBC/CNN) for 30 minutes every day.
- For English Comprehension, do listening exercises on any of the online listening labs.
- Doing 5 exercises/each topic/ each day for Articles, Prepositions, Subject-Verb Agreement & Tenses.
- Studying the following chapters in Wren & Martin Grammar Book:
(1) Articles (Chapter 14)
(2) Active & Passive Voice (Chapter 22)
(3) Tense (Chapters 24, 25 & 26)
(4) The Gerund (Chapter 30)
(5) The Preposition (Chapter 38) B. COMPOSITION – Part II
(1) Agreement of the Verb with the Subject