Did you know?
• Number 4 is inauspicious in Malaysia. Many buildings do not have a 4th floor. Instead, they have floor No. 3A
• Borneo is the 3rd largest island in the world, succeeding only Greenland and New Guinea.
• Malaysia has almost 66,000 kms of highways, which is longer than the circumference of the Earth
• Sarawak Cave Chamber in Gunung Mulu National Park, is the Largest Cave Chamber in the world - can house quite a few Boeing 747 jetliners, easily.
• Malaysia grows the world's largest flower - Rafflesia
Must Try Dishes
• Laksa - traditional fish soup noodle.
• Nasi Goreng – Coconut Broth Noodles
• Char Kway Teo – Stir-Fried flat rice Noodles
• Seafood in the coastal cities
Here are some movies that capture Malaysian cities
Don and Don 2 (2006 and 2011)
Bollywood blockbuster's first film in 2006, ended on the SkyBridge - Langkawi, where its climax, was shot between Shahrukh Khan and Boman Irani. The sequel Don2 in 2011 captured more locations like Melaka Prison, KL Petronas Towers, and Langkawi
Fair Game (2010)
A Hollywood Spy Drama starring Naomi Watts and Sean Penn have scenes shot some famous KL landmarks in the backdrop.
The Viral factor (2012)
It was a Hong Kong-Chinese Action Film, shot 80% in Kuala Lumpur. Its Locations include KL Sentral, Pavilion KL, KLIA, Putrajaya, KLCC, KTM Railway Station and of course Petronas towers.
This Hollywood Action Mystery starring Chris Hemsworth a.k.a. Thor, has a few scenes where you can see the beauty of Perak and Kuala Lumpur's action.
Kabali was the 159th film of the India Superstar – Rajinikanth, which created a lot of tourism curiosity among Rajinikanth’s worldwide fan following. The Film was shot at various locations in Malaysia, including - Petronas Twin Towers, Batu Caves, KLCC, Grand Salon Lobby Lounge of Palace of Golden Horses, Selangor Royal Club, Malacca and Carey Island.