Depending on where you are, you have different possibilities for travelling to Hong Kong from the GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council), LATAM (Latin America), APAC (Asia-Pacific), and India. An overview of the travel options to Hong Kong from various areas is provided below:
From GCC (e.g., United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman):
- Direct Flights: Many airlines offer direct flights from major cities in the GCC region to Hong Kong International Airport (HKG).
- Indirect Flights: Alternatively, you can opt for indirect flights with layovers in cities like Dubai, Doha, or Abu Dhabi, as they are well-connected to Hong Kong.
From LATAM (e.g., Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, Chile):
- Indirect Flights: There are no direct flights from most LATAM countries to Hong Kong. However, you can find connecting flights with layovers in major hub cities like São Paulo, Mexico City, Buenos Aires, or Santiago. From there, you can connect to Hong Kong.
From APAC (e.g., Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand):
- Direct Flights: Many airlines operate direct flights from major cities in APAC to Hong Kong. For example, there are numerous direct flights from Tokyo, Seoul, Singapore, Sydney, and Auckland to Hong Kong.
- Indirect Flights: If there are no direct flights from your specific city, you can consider connecting flights with layovers in nearby hub cities like Tokyo, Seoul, or Singapore.
- Direct Flights: Major Indian cities including Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, and Bengaluru all have direct flights to Hong Kong.
- Indirect Flights: If there are no direct flights from your departure location, you may want to think about connecting flights with layovers in major transit hubs like Singapore, Bangkok, or Kuala Lumpur.